- We believe in the wise use of our fishery resources for the good of all citizens.
- We believe that habitat conservation is the principle against which all other resource uses shall be measured.
- We believe in adaptive fishery management- where management actions are taken in a way that allows their effects and effectiveness to be measured and assessed objectively, and results are used to make adjustments in management strategy.
- We believe in the application of proven scientific methods to resource management.
- We believe in a fair and balanced allocation of resources.
- We believe in an open and transparent discussion of all resource issues.
- We believe that salmon stocks should be managed to meet escapement goals when possible.
- We believe regulations should have clear intent and be enforceable.
- We believe that regulations should be effective and their desired intent measurable.